4. March 2014 06:16
Who doesn't like having Hofmann Pigs in a Blanket with friends, while watching your favorite team? If you can't resist that flavor then you are sure to love Bacon Wrapped Hofmann Cheddar Brats. This sinfully delicious way of wrapping a delicious beer braised Hofmann Cheddar Brat in bacon and kicking it up with some cayenne pepper and brown sugar will have you screaming FOUL at any friend who gets near your new found tasty treat.
Original recipe makes 12 pieces
- 4 Hofmann Cheddar Bratwurst
- 3 (12 ounce) cans light beer
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
- Poke Hofmann Cheddar Bratwurst several times with a small fork, and place into a saucepan with the beer. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the Hofmann Cheddar Bratwurst from the beer, and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and place a wire rack on top.
- Toss the brown sugar and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl and set aside. Cut each bratwurst into three pieces, wrap each piece with half strip of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Toss the bratwurst with the cayenne mixture to coat, then place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the bacon is brown and crisp, 25 to 35 minutes.