4. March 2014 13:58
Just because this comfort dish is quick and easy, don't think that it skips on flavor. The tangy seasonings, vegetables and quality meat are brought together with a hearty dose of parmesan cheese and just a splash of balsamic vinegar to give your taste buds a treat that will have you going back for seconds.....and maybe thirds!
Original recipe makes 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, cubed
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 (16 ounce) package Hofmann kielbasa, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the red and yellow bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, onion and garlic, and stir to cook evenly. Season with steak seasoning and onion powder. Cover, and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the Hofmann Kielbasa to the skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 10 minutes. Just before serving, add a splash of balsamic vinegar, and sprinkle liberally with Parmesan cheese.